Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Watching the Falcons


I love these falcons at Great Rivery Energy in Maple Grove, MN. They are so interesting to watch. Would say relaxing, but, sometimes it is very stressful because there has been another female trying to hog the nestbox. Momma has laid four beautiful red-brown eggs. You can check them out here: http://www.greatriverenergy.com/environment/birdcam.html


I also watch Hancock Wildlife Foundation eagles... amazing! and the BOT barn owls in Devon, UK. They are all beautiful birds. Here are the falcons from today. They softly chatted for a long time.


2 comments:

AlisonH said...

A friend just sent me your link, knowing that I've been watching the peregrines at San Jose City Hall. That site is http://www2.ucsc.edu/scpbrg/falconcameraSJ.htm and we had four healthy peregrines successfully fledge; one needed a dramatic rescue, which I blogged about at http://spindyeknit.com/2009/06/this-flying-thing-is-for-the-birds/ Always fun to see a fellow peregrine lover!

Blue said...

Hi AlisonH, You had quite a fright with your falcons. Glad you fledged four healthy ones. Our GRE nest lost the only female, Bella, and the othet three survived an infection. So sad. They are so interesting to watch hatch then fly away! Thanks for your comment. Blue