Thursday, December 30, 2010

Qwerty Uiop

On December 6 our dear little pussycat bird died in my hand. He was 14 years old, 92 in human years, but way too young to leave us.

Qwerty spent most of his 14 years on my shoulder or in one of his cages in each room. He often was in the craftroom with me. Sewing, beading or cutting fabric he was there.

Parakeets are not often shown or talked about and that is a great shame. They are wonderful little birds. Qwerty had a large vocabulary and his song was not that of the usual parakeet chirp. The vet thought he was the greatest as he got to hear his whole spiel and even played catch with him.

Qwerty had a harem of cat toy balls with bells. And, yes, a harem. ahem.

He will be missed, especially by me. Bye little bird with your blue suit on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear friend, Blue,

I will always miss the "little" Q, too.
Heard and laughed over your tales of Qwerty for most of his life. Felt as though I knew him in person.
He was such a sweet(if sometimes bossy;))little fluff ball.
I still have some feathers.
Love and big hugs,
Pat Quigley (the "big" Q)

Sherri said...

It's been a while since I stopped by for a visit and now I see Qwerty is with you no longer!!! Waaaaaaaaa! How can there be no Qwerty! I am so sorry for you Blue. I KNOW you adored that sweet silly bird.
hugs hugs hugs

Blue said...

I do so miss my pussycat bird. He was my constant companion.

He would eat cereal with me in the morning. So funny cause he was on the bowl right under my chin. I would slowly move the bowl so he would be on the side, but it never worked. He would just walk the rim and be right back were he started. LOL Silly Bird.

Blue